General Employment & Training Services
Navitas offers the SLPET program (Settlement Language Pathways to Employment and Training) where you can study English within the context of the Australian workplace. In your SLPET course you will learn about Australian workplace language, practices and culture, gain valuable work experience and participate in vocational training.
SLPET courses are structured as follows:
- 140 - 160 hours of vocation-specific English language tuition,
- 40 - 60 hours of work experience in an industry related to the course of your choice,
- assistance with work preparation skills, for example, resume and interviewing skills,
- vocational counselling, and
- nationally accredited vocational training on some courses.
SLPET courses are offered in addition to the 510 hours of free English (language classes) allocated to eligible migrants and humanitarian entrants under the AMEP program. Generally, you will be eligible for a SLEPT course if you meet the following criteria:
- you are currently enrolled in the Pre-employment English stream,
- you have at least 1 hour of your AMEP entitlement (of 510 free hours of English) remaining,
- you have attended AMEP in the last 12 months,
- you have completed 75% or more of your AMEP tuition hours (383 hours or more), or achieved ACSF Level 2 in Learning, Reading, Writing and Oral Communication and Numeracy, and
- you are ready to work or study.
Participation in SLPET courses will depend on the availability of courses for the specific area of study chosen.
If you are a current AMEP client with at least 1 hour of your AMEP entitlement remaining and are ready to work or go on to further study, contact us or speak to your class teacher for more information and advice.
Eligibility criteria apply.
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact AMEP Settlement Language Pathways to Employment and Training (SLPET)
Similar Providers Nearby
Disabled access This location has disabled access
Accessible By Approved service users
Access Fee Contact us for details
Age Ranges All ages
Job Training, Migrant Education and English Classes, Work Experience