Our aim is to ensure families and carers of people living with a mental illness receive appropriate support, information, education and skill development to fulfil their caring role, while maintaining their own health and well being. We connect carers with carer support groups and networks, Mental Health services, non-government organisations and other service providers.
· Improve the coping, knowledge and management skills of carers
· Enhance the wellbeing, resilience and relationships of carers
· Improve professional and service responsiveness to the needs and circumstances of carers
· Enhance relationships between carers and mental health services
· Improve health and wellbeing of people living with a mental illness through the support of their families and carers.
Our education and training coordinators provide tailored and targeted sessions for carers, carer groups and organisations assisting carers such as:
Understanding the Caring Role, Boundaries, Resilience and Recovery, Self Care, Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder, Anxiety, Mindfulness, Alcohol & other Drugs in MH.
Our carer support workers provide: Assessment of carer and family needs, Emotional support, Advocacy, Information about mental illness, Referral to appropriate support services and counselling, Support planning, Assistance navigating the mental health system, Assistance in understanding carer rights and responsibilities, Assistance to access respite, Future planning tools and information, Carers Connecting groups, Access to local carer peer groups.