Disability Employment & Training Services
What does The Personnel Group offer?
The DES program is designed to give support to people with a disability or mental health condition in finding and maintaining employment.
Participants are given assistance to prepare for work by addressing barriers such as education, licences and ticketing, interview preparations, general work readiness, and can be assisted with referral to appropriate service providers.
The Personnel Group's experienced team will actively seek appropriate positions for participants and will put measures in place to ensure the employer and workplace are well prepared and supported.
Workplace Support Officers are allocated to all new placements and assist with integration into the workplace. They address any arising barriers and support the participant to learn their job and become fully productive.
The Workplace Support Officer reduces support as the participant becomes more comfortable in their role, but is always available to work through any changes in role or arising barriers.
To be eligible for Disability Employment Services you must:
- Have a permanent, or potentially permanent disability [for example sensory, physical, psychiatric, intellectual, neurological or acquired brain injury] or a mental health condition
- Be assessed as eligible by an independent Job Capacity Assessor or through another process, ESaT
- Require support for more than six months after placement in employment or require specialist assistance in order to meet participation requirements
- Have an assessed future work capacity of eight or more hours per week
- Require long term support in the workplace and/or are unable to work at full wages.
- You do not need to be receiving income support payments to be eligible for our service or be eligible for direct registration as a school leaver or other special class job seeker.
Quick Facts About The Region
Contact The Personnel Group - Wagga Wagga
Similar Providers Nearby
Wheelchair Access Yes
Disabled access This location has disabled access
Referral Required Contact us for details
Accessible By Approved service users
Access Fee No fee
Age Ranges From 15 to 65 years of age
Disability, Employment, NDIS, NDIS Provider - Registered, Supported Employment
We help people with a disability or a mental health condition and young people aged 15 to 21 who are disadvantaged in the labour market as a result of low educational attainment to facilitate their participation in our communities. We provide programs with a focus on employment sustainability including Disability Employment Services, Transition to Work program, mentoring programs for graduates, and school leaver programs. For employers, we address yours recruitment needs with selective candidate matching, government incentives advice, on the job training, and advice to support exiting employee disability concerns.Visit The Personnel Group website